Agent request logging

AndyGilly

we have had a reasonable amount of feedback from the service desk team enquiring to whether it would be possible have a search function that could be used when raising a ticket as an agent.

is this something that has been looked into before?

It would help the service desk log tickets in the correct catalogue items and improve management information

thanks

Andy

Morning @Conor

we have started using the knowledge centre and have found that although the below is in the documentation the search seems to only be proposing catalogue items within the service you are logging a ticket rather than all services the user is subscribed to. Could this please be checked??

• Catalog Items
  • View other matching Catalog Item options (from the services the customer is subscribed too)

thanks

Andy

Hi @AndyGilly

It looks like it works on the employee portal correctly, but I'm getting the same as you from the agent view. 

I've raised it with the relevant development team so we will update you here as soon as we have addressed the issue. 

@AndyGilly It's because the service is one of the criteria for narrowing the search.

The more information entered then the more specific the results are. If the summary box is part of the progressive capture before the service selection it will show catalogue items across all services the customer is subscribed to.

I will update the documentation to make that clearer.

Hi @Conor

I am not 100% sure how I would do the proposed as the progressive capture is allocated to the catalogue item and not the other way around

Can you please advise how we would get a progressive capture pre service/ catalogue item being chosen??

thanks

Andy

Hi @AndyGilly

When you first go to log a ticket as an agent, you could select ''Raise New'' or ''Incident'' or ''Service Request'' etc. Each option has a default progressive capture, and that then branches off depending on the options selected in the last question. If you tweaked the initial Progressive Capture to show the request details form before the service selection, the knowledge centre results would be across all services. 

Something like this: image.png

The initial progressive capture used can be found in the service manager admin settings here:

image.png

Hi @Conor

We have that working thanks

We have some feedback when you transfer to a new catalogue item

"One thing i am getting is that when i enter a user - type in "outlook" - press the blue icon - select "log a fault". It then takes me to the page asking for the ticket info but on the right hand side the customers name has gone. When then finishing the ticket the ticket has no customer? tested with a few other ones aswell like "my operations" getting the same issue"

Is it the case that the progressive captures for catalogue items would need to be changed to capture the customer name or should this work??

Thanks @AndyGilly I have fed that back to the developers, but yes at the moment everything that has been previously entered will be lost including customer information. 

From the user app, you will need to ensure that the Progressive Capture associated to the catalog item you are switching to (from the Knowledge center) includes the two attributes highighted in the below image - they won't be presented again as part of the switch, but if they aren't there then the customer/service information won't appear (and it will end up being logged without a customer)

PC image.jpg

Hi @Conor

sorry the image has not come through on the post

Our 'new request' progressive capture starts with the customer name and then moves to the request details form, so I assume the switch should pass through the customer details and even summary??

the message below is passed to the agent, which proposes that the correct information should come across but we are losing the customer

image.thumb.png.f2d9bfd4098e489013b6d4f442788612.png

@Conor

I can see the image now, so none of our progressive captures have that info because the follow either new request, new incident or new service request and the information is passed down.

Just to confirm m you are saying all progressive captures need the action associated to any data that will wish to pass across?

thanks

Andy