Help needed setting up LDAP Import

Hi, 

We've updated the LDAP import to V3 on our server and now our users aren't being imported into Hornbill.  Reading WIKI -  I've setup the LDAP Import within Hornbill now but I'm struggling to see how I test this or where I test it.  

Also I'm unsure of how I set this up to run daily.  Will this via the scheduler that we used for the old config file?

If someone can help that would be grate as currently it's not working.

Thanks

Tina

13 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

Will this via the scheduler that we used for the old config file?

When using the v3, the "old config file" won't be used anymore... the import will pick up the config from Hornbill. There is a "Command Line" tab that shows you what and how it needs to run

image.png

@Victor OK that's good to know it will pick it up.  Yes I can see that bit - So does the command line need to go into something on the scheduler somewhere (sorry I don't deal with that side of things so need to know what to tell them they need to change).

Also, How would I get them to test this (by a dry run) before?  I did ask them to put it into a command line but they said it didn't work.

Thanks

Tina

@Tina.Lapere 

13 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

does the command line need to go into something on the scheduler

Yes, the command line is what the scheduler runs. There is an example on https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/LDAP_User_Import at the bottom in Scheduling Overview that shows an example. There is also a Testing Overview section that's worth looking through.

Enabling and disabling and setting various options in "Command Line" interface will adjust the command line accordingly. Once you have a set up in place you will have a command ready to run. The fields marked with red are mandatory.

image.png

For example if you turn ON the dryrun argument will change the command line to include dryrun=true or if you put a value for logprefix it will be reflected in the command line.

@Victor  Thank you we've managed to do a dry run and the figures are this:

image.png.a739581a6f01cc47d247c01d6f040deb.png

I had made a couple of adjustments to the config (from that of the old one) - to add Managers and add departments.

Am I right in assuming that the numbers above (Profiles updated and Groups updated) could resemble these additions/changes?

I set the status to create and update to.

image.thumb.png.c2fde2f4332be83caa8cc98ba50f86c6.png

Thanks

Tina

@Tina.Lapere

17 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

Am I right in assuming that the numbers above (Profiles updated and Groups updated) could resemble these additions/changes?

Yes

17 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

I set the status to create and update to.

Just to clarify what setting the Action does. So for any attribute (like status) there is an action field. Setting this action will determine how or better said when the respective attribute is set, is the respective attribute value set when a user is created, is the attribute set when the user is updated or both.

LDAP import tool will go through all the records/users atsource and will import them into Hornbill. If the user at source does not exist it will be created. If the user exists, it will be updated. The action field only determines when the respective attribute is set. Hope it makes sense.