Requirement: Project Cards in Board Manager

Tom Gilbert

Hi,

I've just started using Board Manager within Project Manager. When adding a Project to a Board I'd like to see more information about the project, it currently just displays the name of the project.

Is it possible to add additional information from the project;

- Project Manager

- Sponsor

- RAG Status

- Current position in the BPM

Thanks,
Tom

• Like 1

Hi,

I've passed on this request to our Project Manager development team as they will need to inject these fields when creating a card.

With regards to displaying the Current position in the BPM I plan to create a new BPM operation which could be used to update the card status from the BPM which should be able to let you do this, will update you when this is ready

Thanks

Trevor Harris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Tom Gilbert

The Latest release of Board Manager should allow you to update card details in your BPM with the updateCard node

To use it you will need to get the card info first using the Get Card Information node and setting the Board option to the name of the Board your using and the Key option to the project Id variable

image.png

Then in next node use the updateCard task.  Set the Card Id to the CardId output from the Get Card Information  node and then you can use the Status Info to put in the stage name that the BPM is currently in and in the Progress field you can add a value between 0-100 which will show in a progress bar on the card to show how far through the BPM the card is

image.png

The outcome should look something like these
image.png

If you do this in each stage of the BPM you will be able to show the progress of the card in the BPM directly on the board

Hope this helps

Trevor Harris

• Like 2