Delete all Assets of a specific type

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

we used to use a mobile device management tool (MAAS360) to manage our mobile tablets and phones etc. All of these assets were imported in to Hornbill as assets, but we never actually did anything with them.

We've now moved to inTune to manage our devices, but we still need the asset info in Hornbill. So, I was going to delete all of the current mobile devices and start from scratch with a new import from inTune.

however, it looks like I can't use the cleardown tool remove a specific 'type' of asset - only 'all assets', which I really don't want to do. I know I can remove the assets individually (or multi-select and delete them 50 at a time) but there are 1101 assets in there....so this would take a while!

Is there an easier way of doing this please? 

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander,

I've made a few changes to the Hornbill Cleaner tool, it's currently at v1.10.0, and allows you to delete targeted sets of assets based on a single asset class and/or type.

I wasn't able to allow multiple classes and/or types to be configured for deletion, as a change to Service Manager was required - which I've actually done, but Service Manager isn't due for release for a little while as yet, so until that's released you'll just be able to delete assets of a single class or type.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Steve