LDAP import error

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

I'm trying o import some users from AD (something which has been working fine for MONTHS) but there's one user who isn't coming across...and I can't see why!

The error we're getting is: 

Unable to Create User: KnightM3 Error: The minimum length of the value in element <name> was expected to be 2 but was actually 0 at location '/methodCall/params/name'

Any ideas what this might be please? I've checked the AD record and it looks like everything is set up correctly and all the correct fields are filled in, but just this one user will not copy.

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Lyonel

Thanks...

the user account in AD has a first name (givenname), a last name (SN) and a middle name (initial). 

The Hornbill import has the field 'name' mapped to -  "Name": "[givenname] [sn]",

I have noticed that this person does have the same name as someone else in the company, so I've tried adding the middle initial to the import too but I still get the same error. 

@Paul Alexander Try setting up the log level to debug

image.thumb.png.003fee664ab5fbf44276863edbcec89d.png

Then share the section of the log file just before the error is thrown? 

In my experience, this helps a bit.

Also, query the Active Directory using SQL or Powershell to see what is returned programmatically for this particular user.

Guest Paul Alexander

@Lyonel

Here's the log with everything to do with this user:

2019/03/22 15:56:21 [DEBUG] User Update Profile: SmithPT
2019/03/22 15:56:21 [DEBUG] User Update Profile Success: SmithPT
2019/03/22 15:56:22 [DEBUG] User Create: KnightM3
2019/03/22 15:56:22 [ERROR] Unable to Create User: KnightM3 Error: The minimum length of the value in element <name> was expected to be 2 but was actually 0 at location '/methodCall/params/name'
2019/03/22 15:56:22 [DEBUG] Group Add User: KnightM3 Group: VINCI Facilities
2019/03/22 15:56:22 [DEBUG] Group Add User XML <params><userId>KnightM3</userId><groupId>VINCIConstructionUK/VINCIFacilities/</groupId><memberRole>member</memberRole><options><tasksView>false</tasksView><tasksAction>false</tasksAction></options></params>
2019/03/22 15:56:22 [ERROR] Unable to Update User Groups: KnightM3 Error: The specified user account [KnightM3] does not exist
2019/03/22 15:56:22 [DEBUG] User Add Role User: KnightM3 Role: Basic User Role
2019/03/22 15:56:22 [DEBUG] User Add Role User: KnightM3 Role: Self Service User
2019/03/22 15:56:22 [DEBUG] User Add Role User: KnightM3 Role: MyLibrary Portal
2019/03/22 15:56:22 [DEBUG] User Add Role XML <params><userId>KnightM3</userId><role>Basic User Role</role><role>Self Service User</role><role>MyLibrary Portal</role></params>
2019/03/22 15:56:22 [ERROR] Unable to Update User Roles: KnightM3 Error: The specified user does not exist

I reckon this is a 'next week' problem....I'm sure a weekend to think about it will make it all just a little better ;) 

Thanks for your help so far though.....have a good weekend!