Email isn't sent to linked requests

Jamie Talbot

Hi,

When a problem is raised and we link multiple tickets to the problem the linked tickets resolve themselves but don't email the customer. I've attached the method we are trying to do this but it does seem not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks

Jamie

Linked Requests.PNG

The problem was PR00000657 and the linked incidents were IN00000650 and IN00000651, we have tested this multiple times and it doesn't want to work. We last tested it around 10:30am today. The email should have sent the incident customers the resolution email template.

Linked Requests 2.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

@Jamie Talbot so, found out why the notification to the owner was/is not working. This notification works in conjunction with this app setting:

image.png

Change this to Hornbill or "Email" and owner notifications on linked requests should work.

I am still trying to figure out why the customer email notifications are not working... for all intent an purposes and from what I can see in the code, they should work... Something eludes me... I'll keep looking

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Victor I have figured out why linked requests were not emailing customers. The customer is only emailed if all of the human tasks have been completed within the linked requests. If the requests are linked but all the human tasks have not been completed then the customer of the linked request does not get emailed.