Refresh Hanging/Cannot send emails

Logan Graham

Hi All,

Hoping you can help me, for a number of months we seem to have been experiencing issues where Hornbill service manager will just get stuck refreshing, it doesn't seem to happen all the time and is usually resolved by just hitting refresh in the web browser. I have also noticed when when you open some requested and go to send an email we seem to be getting some weird boxes under the "enter message to recipient box"(attached image). 

The hanging seems to have been getting worse since around September. I have some some internal checks to see if there are any oddities with us maxing our internet usage out etc but that seems all okay since we can access other sites. 

Unsure how easy it would be to identify the issue as it is really random I was just wanting to check to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thanks in advance,

Logan

Email Attachments 2.png

@Logan Graham those two boxes indicate there should be some attachments sent with the email, but if you haven't selected any then they shouldn't appear. Could you let me know what browser you're using and I can investigate some more.

As for the issues where Hornbill gets stuck and you have to refresh, do you mean it's just taking a while to load the page or does it become unresponsive?

Hi @Chaz thanks for the speedy response, google chrome is what we tend to use.

It will just hang with the Hornbill logo spinning at the top of the screen and never actually resolve to show your list of tickets. I have tried just waiting it out before and gave up after about 5 minutes and just refreshed the page again and this seems to always make it work.

Thanks,

@Chaz I had it today but I can't remember what time it was but my colleague Dom had it between 9:30 - 11 today a few times loading tickets/asset register. Hopefully this helps if not I can get my guys to let me know when they next have the loading issue.

Dom also had the attachments thing but can't remember which job/time but I have said that if he gets it again today to let me know.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

@Logan Graham I've been through the logs and can't see anything that would cause the page to just hang. Am I right in saying you're not presented with an error message in a red box? If there is, could you let me know the message you get?

If not, next time it happens, could you press F12 and let us know of any error messages and we can investigate a bit further.

scratch that @ChazI have found a potential issue when connecting to mdh-p01-api.hornbill.com sometimes it seems to not work but most of the time it does, I am going to see if I can get this address allowed in our proxy/firewall and go from there. Any ideas on the X's situation though?

Thanks,

Logan