Global search for requests

P. Nordqvist

Hi,

I have a request regarding the global search for requests as I don't understand the result I am getting back.
According to the WIKI https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Global_Search_for_Requests I should be able to use the search bar to find owner of requests.
In this example I search for my own name and I expect to find all requests where I am the owner plus a lot more where my name has been mentioned in any of the other fields like summary, description and so on but I ONLY get 19 hits.
image.png.4c542c94a79a62feac251b8d9a354f08.png

With another query specifying me as a single owner with a simple word in the search bar I get 135 hits and I am the owner on all of them. 
image.png.abe03f26be79d2ff5d1757cbb38cf7cd.png

Now my question is why?

On what do the search bar actually search and how can I find all requests where I am the owner without searching for any other specific word? 

Hi @P. Nordqvist

I've updated the wiki.  The searchable items are correct within this document other than the Owner which should have said Owner ID.  This has now been updated.  We have also added a change which will include the indexing of the owner's name so that this too can be searched on.

The Search field always requires some text to perform the search.  For now you should be able to enter your user ID to get back all the requests where you are the owner, but you may also get back some where your User ID has been mentioned in one of the other searchable fields, like description. 

As you are looking for requests where you are the owner, you may find that doing this from the request list works better.  You can create a View that shows you all of your requests that you own, and then you have the option for filtering and sorting.  

Regards,

James

@P. Nordqvist

After looking at this closer, the text search on the Global Search does not included Owner or Customer searches.  For requests searches for either the Owner or Customer, the search tools option must be used. I've updated the documentation.

image.png

On 11/8/2018 at 10:07 PM, P. Nordqvist said:

without searching for any other specific word? 

At the moment the text element of the search requires an entry.  As you have already found you can search on text such as CH* to show all changes and then add yourself as the owner using the search tools

Providing lists of requests where you are the owner and without specifying any other search team, can be done from the request list itself. 

image.png 

You can either just select My Requests option to show the requests where you are the owner or used the advanced search to select one or more owners that you are looking for.

Regards,

James