Problem with Project template

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

We've created a Project template (called Facilities Mobilisation) which has a few Milestones and quite a few Tasks.

Sometimes selecting this template when creating a new Project actually works (so the milestones and tasks are copied across), but sometimes it doesn't. We can't see any pattern to this (the screenshot shows some of the projects where the template WAS picked up (in yellow) and one where the template was NOT picked up (red))

image.thumb.png.e6580f79f8aa9e0f468c9c1be5c13ba0.png

Any ideas why this would happen please?

thanks

Paul

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @AlexTumber

Thanks for the speedy response! 

the dates are being picked from the Prog Capture. I've tried changing these dates while creating a Project but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

thanks

@Paul Alexander the only thing I can think of is that the dates specified in the linked data for the template are somehow conflicting with the overall project dates. We are about to make a substantial change in this area so it may be something that we fix in passing. I'll ask our development team to do some testing around creating projects with templates that have different date ranges etc and see if they can find anything.

Alex

• 3 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @AlexTumber

I know this is an old post, but we've now had exactly the same thing happen as above using the same template as before (Facilities Mobilisation) 

It's been working fine for ages, so I thought this problem had been fixed, but it's suddenly started again (the Project is created but the Tasks aren't added).

Any ideas please?

Guest Paul Alexander

@AlexTumber as far as I can see the tasks are being created successfully (I can't see any errors about this in the logs anyway). There's a chance that I don't know what I'm looking for, mind you.......

But the tasks don't show in the project when you open it....