How do I view full build details?

Hi

When a new build is released on Announcements, we get a brief reference to what is fixed, changed, etc, but I'm at a loss as to how to find out more details.

Eg. Fix PM00151205 on Service Manager build 1231

We think we may have been experiencing this but can't be sure as the description isn't full enough.  Clearly this is detailed somewhere else, as a reference has been given.  How do we access a fuller description please?

14 minutes ago, Stuart Torres-Catmur said:

Clearly this is detailed somewhere else, as a reference has been given.  How do we access a fuller description please?

It isn't detailed anywhere else... but I'm happy to clarify any of these...

Fix PM00151205 on Service Manager build 1231 addresses an issue whereby when there is a request category filter on the service, when a request is logged via the portal and the user selects a request category, once the request is logged the request details will store the filtered path regardless if "guest.servicemanager.request.category.request.storeFilteredDisplay" app setting is turned ON.

I'll give you an example. Let's say you have this tree of request categories in your instance:

• Level 1
    • Level 1.1
      • Level 1.1.1
        • Category A
        • etc.

Let's say your service is configured to filter "Level 1.1.1". When a request is logged, the list of categories available for selections will be only ones from Level 1.1.1. Once the request is logged, the category can be stored as:

• "Category A" - if "guest.servicemanager.request.category.request.storeFilteredDisplay" is turned ON
  • "Level 1 > Level 1.1 > Level 1.1.1 > Category A" - - if "guest.servicemanager.request.category.request.storeFilteredDisplay" is turned OFF

The defect was that we always stored the full path regardless of the app setting configuration.

You are right, sometimes some defect descriptions are not very...well...descriptive :D ... but I am happy to clarify them on any occasion if needed.

@Victor

Glad I asked.  Thanks. 

Am I correct we're talking about the profiles set up under Home> System> Data> Profiles>Request?

Also, I'm curious.  Please could you elaborate on what difference it makes having guest.servicemanager.request.category.request.storeFilteredDisplay turned on or off?  Screenshot examples would be most welcome.

Is a similar property available for closure categories? 

8 minutes ago, Stuart Torres-Catmur said:

Am I correct we're talking about the profiles set up under Home> System> Data> Profiles>Request?

Yes :) https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Profiles

9 minutes ago, Stuart Torres-Catmur said:

Is a similar property available for closure categories? 

Yes :) Home> System> Data> Profiles> Closure

You can set up services to display only some of "Request" and "Closure" category tree on requests associated with the service: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Services_Request_Configuration > Request Categories

13 minutes ago, Stuart Torres-Catmur said:

Please could you elaborate on what difference it makes having guest.servicemanager.request.category.request.storeFilteredDisplay turned on or off? 

Unless you depend on them in one way or another then it does not make any difference. I'll give you one or two scenarios where it does though:

Example: Let's say you have a category tree like:

• Hardware
    • CPU <- we select this one for example
    • Memory
    • HDD

- With guest.servicemanager.request.category.request.storeFilteredDisplay turned ON, the category will be stored as: CPU
- With guest.servicemanager.request.category.request.storeFilteredDisplay turned OFF, the category will be stored as: Hardware > CPU

Scenario A. You have a BP configuration that branches on the request category or closure category. The expression in the branch is looking for a specific value of the category (either full or filtered)

If your BP is configured to branch on an expression like: "Request Category = CPU" and you have the app setting turned OFF, the process will not follow that route because "Hardware > CPU != CPU"

Scenario B. You have a report that will show results filtered on request category. Based on the example above, if one of the criterions in the report configuration is to filter if "Request Category = CPU" if the app setting is turned OFF you will not get the expected results.

Makes sense? :)