Auto-routing rule not setting Contact as the customer

samwoo

Hello,

This may have been raised before... I have an auto-routing rule which generates a ticket from an email we received from another Council. The contact at this council is set up as a Contact record in Hornbill.

The ticket is generated successfully, but the Contact is not set against the ticket's Customer.

I have a node in the progressive capture to capture the Customer form. IF customer ID is not set then a branch will go to the Contact form... otherwise no match and carry on to the next node... this works for the standard customers but not for Contacts.

Any idea what and how I might be able to get around making this happen?

Thanks,

Samuel

@samwoo There are two issues here which are separate.

1. The routing rule logs a request and puts the contact/co-workers based on the FROM address as the customer on the request.  

2. The Progressive capture is not used when a call is logged using the routing rules so can you confirm that it is not related to point 1?

Thanks

Pamela

1 hour ago, Pamela said:

@samwoo There are two issues here which are separate.

1. The routing rule logs a request and puts the contact/co-workers based on the FROM address as the customer on the request.  

2. The Progressive capture is not used when a call is logged using the routing rules so can you confirm that it is not related to point 1?

Thanks

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Apologies I believed that the Auto Routing Rule template uses the Catalog (which has PC) but only uses the forms which can be automated, such as pre-populating the customer field.

So it appears to be option 1, the Contact is not being set up as the Customer against a request, despite the email Address being the same as the Contact Email address in Hornbill.

Thanks,

Samuel

Edit: I'm due to upgrade Hornbill tonight to the latest version of Service Manager so will see if this is still an issue afterwards.

@samwoo I think the easiest is to log a support ticket with us using the webform so that I analyse the logs generated in this operation. It could be a number of reasons that is making this behave this way and I might need to investigate your particular case and look at a few examples. Is that alright?

Thanks

Pamela

13 minutes ago, Pamela said:

@samwoo I think the easiest is to log a support ticket with us using the webform so that I analyse the logs generated in this operation. It could be a number of reasons that is making this behave this way and I might need to investigate your particular case and look at a few examples. Is that alright?

Thanks

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Many thanks -  I have logged this using the Support Form.

Samuel

13 minutes ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @samwoo

I believe that this issue was resolved in Service Manager build 1189.   You will need to update to the latest build.  

Regards,

James

Thanks @James Ainsworth, I had an inkling... and not sure why.