Report/Widget - Top 10 'Highest impact' Problems/Known Errors

dwalby

Hi @dwalby

Try creating a list of data widget with a custom SQL query.

The query will be something like this:

SELECT h_request_id As Reference, h_itsm_requests.h_summary AS Summary, COUNT(h_request_id) AS Connections from h_itsm_request_connections
inner Join h_itsm_requests on h_request_id=h_pk_reference and (h_requesttype='Problem' OR h_requesttype='Known error') and (h_status='status.open'  OR h_status='status.new')
Group by h_request_id
order by Connections desc
Limit 10

• 2 weeks later...

@dwalby I have just realised I put the wrong query above, the above query is for the Problems and Known Errors with the most connections. That may also be useful, but the query I meant to post was this one:

Select h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference, count(h_pk_reference) as Linked from h_itsm_rel_requests, h_itsm_requests
where (h_fk_parentrequestid = h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference OR h_fk_childrequestid = h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference)
AND (h_pk_reference LIKE 'PM%' OR h_pk_reference LIKE 'KE%')
and (h_status='status.open'  OR h_status='status.new')
Group by h_pk_reference
order by Linked desc
Limit 10

• Like 1

Hi @dwalby

Try this: 

SELECT h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference AS Reference, COUNT(h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference) AS Linked FROM h_sm_relationship_entities, h_itsm_requests
WHERE (h_sm_relationship_entities.h_entity_id = h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference)
AND (h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference LIKE 'PM%' OR h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference LIKE 'KE%')
AND (h_itsm_requests.h_status = 'status.open' OR h_itsm_requests.h_status = 'status.new')
GROUP BY h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference
ORDER BY Linked DESC
LIMIT 10

Looks like the underlying table has been updated, which will give us more information on the types of relationships between tickets and services, plus it makes the query a bit easier, but I wasn't aware when I posted the above query. Give this a try and let us know how you get on.

• Thanks 1