Portal Questions

Hi Guys

I have been asked If I can setup Service Manager to manage our FOI's and Compliments & Complaints systems.

This has prompted two questions:

1:  Is there a way requests can be submitted via the portal without requiring a logon?  (As they will be members of the public.)

2:  This one is a long shot! Some of these requests are chargeable for example the customer would have to pay £10 to submit a request.  What options /ideas are there for linking or integrating with e-commerce?

Thanks very much

Adam.

Hi Adam,

I am not sure there is a way to do this out of the box just now. What are your timescales? I ask because I think we might be able to meet these needs with something we have in the works at the moment but it does depend on your timescales. 

Gerry

Adam,

Also, someone here mentioned that there are potential changes to the DPA pending which means you will no longer be able to charge £10 so the complexity of trying to get that off the ground might not be worth it in the long run. Not sure if this applies or not, but worth pointing out.

Gerry

Can I charge a fee for dealing with a subject access request?
You must provide a copy of the information free of charge. The removal of the £10 subject access fee is a significant change from the existing rules under the DPA.
However, you can charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive.
You may also charge a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. This does not mean that you can charge for all subsequent access requests.
The fee must be based on the administrative cost of providing the information.

Hi @Gerry

Thank you very much for your response.

Timescales are over the next few months, Its great to know something is being worked on so I will check back in soon.

Thanks again for your help and the DPA advice.

Adam