Adding default Priority to tickets

painstarmaximus

Thanks for your post Lee.

You are able to automatically set a priority as part of your Business Process workflow used for that request type or service.

1.) Add a new 'Automated Task' node to your BPM workflow

2.) Open the Node Information by clicking on the cog icon displayed in the top right of the node when you hover over with your mouse

3.) On the 'Scope' option select 'Entity'

4.) On the 'Entity' option select 'Requests'

5.) On the 'Type' option select 'Update Request'

6.) On the 'Task' option select 'Priority'

7.) Under options change the Priority option from A (automatic) to M (Manual)

8.) Select the Priority that you wish to apply to your requests

9.) Save the workflow

BpmPriortyUpdate.png

The other option for you it to use the BPM Automated Task node called 'Wait for Request Priority' which will prompt for the priority at a particular point within your workflow. In your case you could have this after the assignment has taken place. Follow the same steps as above but for the 'Type' select 'Suspend' and for the Task select 'Wait for Request Priority'

It may also be that you have the Priority Form included in your Progressive Capture. Priority is not a mandatory option and if you don't wish to capture the priority at the time of raising a request you can remove it from your Progressive Capture Script.

I hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

Hi James,

Sorry for the delay in replying to this post.

I can get this to work, but only if raised through Request Manager.  I cannot not get it to work when used through the Service Portal, where most tickets will be raised. 

I have set this to Incident and Service, but not sure what I am missing??

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee,

As James mentioned, this could be automated in the Business Process. Now when a call is logged via the portal, it will should still have a Business Process associated to it and therefore it could still be allocated an automated Priority.

The way I would investigate this is:

- Firstly, see which Service is being selected via your portal users. Then back in the user app, navigate to the "Services" list (on the Left Hand Side Bar, in the Service Manager menu) and select the relevant service.

- Then see which Business Process is associated to the catalog item for the Incident Request Configuration, and Service Request Configuration.

- Once you have the name of the Business Process, you can open it in the admin tool and see if you have the automated priority set. 

Please keep in mind that currently, if you change the priority, it will not change the SLA respond by/resolve by date and time - this feature is to be added shortly. 

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi guys,

Thanks I have cracked it.  I did not add the Business Process to the Service Types from within Service Manager.

Once question, what is the difference in adding the Business Process from within Service Manager to adding it in Settings (app.requests.defaultBPMProcess.incident / app.requests.defaultBPMProcess.change)?  When I assigned the Business Process to Settings only, it did not work.

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thats good news, thanks for the update.

Just for reference, the application settings you have refereed to (e.g.  app.requests.defaultBPMProcess.incident) will only be applied to a request if a service has not been selected during progressive capture. If you have not set your "Service List" form in Progressive Capture to mandatory, its possible to skip this form - and this setting is a "catch all" to accommodate any of these requests that may slip through the net. If a Service is selected, it will always use the BPM associated to it - and if there isn't one, then it won't associate anything. 

My recommendation would be to ensure your Services all have workflow associated to them, and also make the Service List Form in Progressive Capture mandatory so one is always selected when logging any request. 

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Bob