How do you get around the impact of UK daylight savings (BST) in date/time fields for non-UI date/time processing?

We use the Cloud node to add Change entries to the Microsoft Office Outlook calendars of some of the stakeholders.

We've just discovered the entries are starting earlier by one hour; which is not great since the calendar is supposed to tell them the agreed change start time. Silly me, I forgot that the system processes everything in UTC so an adjustment is needed in the (UK) summer months to +1hr now we are in BST.

I previously implemented the below workflow to make the adjustment. It requires admins once a year to manually re-enter a date in the Workflow to make that 1 hour adjustment if required. Logic is:

• If date is < AutumnClockChange then go the route for +1 hour for BST
    • This means after October-ish, no extra hour is added
  • At the SpringClockChange we then set the expression date as the AutumClockChange for the new current year
    • This means, from March-ish to October, the extra hour is added

But the question it whether anyone else has a better idea, please, or to automate this. For example, I wish the UI daylight savings time flag was available to workflow could look-up and act accordingly...

Thanks

image.thumb.png.82871285725af651ae1eaeb82e92f13d.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Berto2002

Would you be willing to share the contents of the nodes above?

I am trying to add a timeline entry to a request showing the date and time that a related request has been logged.  Despite using a node similar to your 'Add 1 hour to End for BST' the timeline entry still shows the time logged as an hour behind the correct time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

After detecting the date:

image.png.73a2ca17824e7b3433d4c1d514e53ab0.png

And we find it's BST, we do a utilities +1 to get new timestamps on start and end:

image.thumb.png.aad4f20c601ce2d2e481fa9ecec0cf3d.png

Then I format each for readability:

image.thumb.png.8416433fb50c2c1917eeb3874291397b.png

Update the card with the new date/time:

image.png.0bd2a11e0620c51a90e14c596d8b63b5.png

Now my logic is out there for all to see I wonder if someone will spot the flaws!