updateReqTimeline succeeds but returns error

I've just been looking into the requests/updateReqTimeline API and noticed that despite successfully posting to the timeline, the API still returns an error.

Cannot convert value "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<methodCallResult status="ok">
    <params>
        <outcome xs:nil="true"/>
        <activityId>urn:buzz:activity:</activityId>
        <exceptionName xs:nil="true"/>
        <exceptionDescription xs:nil="true"/>
    </params>
    <flowCodeDebugState>
        <executionId></executionId>
    </flowCodeDebugState>
</methodCallResult>
" to type "System.Xml.XmlDocument". Error: "'xs' is an undeclared prefix. Line 4, position 12.

(Not sure if they could be used for anything, but I've removed the buzz activity and execution IDs just in case)

For reference, I filled in the Request ID, Content and Visibility parameters (only Request ID and Content are required according to documentation).

On a side note, I am still finding that when I try to add a new API rule to an existing API key, this doesn't usually work (invoking the newly added API returns "The API key specified is not authorized to invoke this operation"). When I add a new rule I always reset the HB instance in a fresh PowerShell tab. I can also confirm I have not entered the rule incorrectly because, when I create a new API key and copy and paste the rules exactly, it then works with the newly created key. Just wanted to check if this is a known issue with old API keys?

Hi @CraigP,

Actually, the API is NOT producing an error.

The XML decoder IS producing the error - it can't handle the XML returned (the exact problem is the usage of "xs"-prefix in the attribute naming.

JSON is the preferred form of communication. You might want to set the Accept-header to force it to application/json