Limited access to the Service Portfolio area

We have a requirement to give access to some of our support teams to administer FQA, documents and bulletins within the Service Portfolio area. The only way to do this appears to be to give the individuals the Service Manager role. But this also gives the users access to the whole of Service Portfolio including some configuration settings. Is there any way to give the users access to just the three desired areas? If not are there any audit trials/logs we can monitor to ensure they are accessing or making any changes to the configuration settings withing Service Portfolio?

You could probably create a role specifically for this, and just add the elements that you want them to do. I'm going to look at doing this for my own team and others in the department, as currently I create all the FAQs, bulletins etc., so it would be handy to allow someone else the ability to manage these when I'm off or otherwise busy.

2 minutes ago, JanS2000 said:

Just tried it on our instance with a new role I've created and I can't see any system settings for FAQ or bulletins so it may not be possible 😞

Ignore previous, I think I've created the new role in the wrong place... Hornbill personnel, are FAQs classed as knowledge articles and come under the service manager roles?

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your post and thanks to @JanS2000 for looking into options to help.

Currently, the roles for the Service Portfolio are limited, however we already have plans to expand this through this year.  We will be looking to add a Portfolio Manager role, Service Manager role, and look to see what additional controls can be added for those that support a service.  We will also look at other options such as giving visibility to selected individuals who may require view only access, such as service stakeholders.   

When it comes to FAQs, there is a lot of work going on at the moment with a new knowledge component.  The first phase of this knowledge is going through a beta program with a number of customers.  The plan is to make it available to everyone through this year.

7 hours ago, JanS2000 said:

Hornbill personnel, are FAQs classed as knowledge articles and come under the service manager roles?

The mentioned knowledge articles will be related to the new knowledge component and are not related to the existing FAQs. 

The one option at the moment Scott, is to set services as being private.  Once a service is private it can only be accessed by the owner of the service and by members of the supporting teams for that service who also have the Services Manager role. This would prevent these users from accessing and changing services that they don't have access to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1