Azure Import Utility BearerToken Error

Hello everyone,
I have updated the version of the Azure Import Utility from 3.2 to 4.1. I followed the guide here to configure the new version but I always get an error when running the software. Attached to this post find the complete log. The steps I performed were:
 - I created a new Client Secret on the Azure portal (the original one was out of date) and put it in the conf.json file
 - In the Keysafe repository I created a new AzureImports key with TenantID and ClientID
 - In the API Keys page of the Admin user I created a new API Key which I entered when I first ran the azure_user_import.exe programme. I also tried creating a new API Key in my user (which is part of the admin group) but nothing changed.

When I run the programme I always get the following errors:
Error Loading KeySafe Authentication: The specified key could not be found
Error Decoding LDAP Server Authentication: unexpected end of JSON input

Can you help me solve this problem?

Regards

Azure_User_Import_2023-08-22T09-58-30+02-00.log

Hi @Cristian,

My GUESS (because I will admit that I ran into this issue the first time I used v4.x) is that you are referencing KeysafeID instead of KeysafeKeyID...

Please double-check the capitalisation of the letters AND on what level it is in the configuration file. I suggest you compare this with the bundled json file.

With the KeySafe entry, the Client Secret can be removed from the configuration file.

The final error suggests there is a typo in the configuration file (my GUESS an extra right-curly brace).

Hi @SamS,
I checked the configuration file and removed the entries: APIKey, InstanceId, Tenant, ClientID, ClientSecret present in my original configuration file. I tried re-launching the synchronisation but I still get the same error. I am attaching my configuration file so that you can also check it. I did it with Notepad++ and I don't seem to be missing any parentheses in the file.

I admit that I am confused between the KeysafeID and the KeysafeKeyID.  Should I enter a value under KeysafeKeyID in the configuration file? If so, what value should I enter? Should I enter the KeysafeID in the configuration file? Where do I retrieve it from?

Thank you

conf.json

Hi @Cristian,

The error is with the utility trying to contact Azure, so my guess is that one or more of the following is not correctly set in the Keysafe entry: Tenant ID, Client ID or Client Secret.

The values can be had from the following instructions: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Azure_App_Registration_Instructions