External Reference Fields

Salma Sarwar

Hi

I was trying to retrieve and populate a custom field within the BPM.  I have got an external reference number populated and was hoping to use that to retrieve the field from the external ticket and populate the current ticket with the value obtained.  Can someone please help as this has not worked.  Thank you.

Custom H -  &[global["flowcoderefs"]["getReqInformation"]["externalRefNumber"]["customFieldG"]]

image.thumb.png.5b0adac9e9f903e22006f6a6bc2dd793.png

Kind Regards,

Salma

Hi Salma,

Thanks for your post.

You'll have to forgive me, but I can't quite picture where you are getting the external reference from.  The automation that you have in your post seems to suggest that you are copying from Custom G to Custom H on the same request. From the title of the automation, it looks like you are actually wanting the reference number of the parent request from which it was raised.  Is that correct? 

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.  The child ticket is being raised from a parent ticket BPM.  When the ticket is created in the parent BPM the parent request ID is inserted in to the external reference of the child ticket.  I would then within the Child ticket BPM reference the custom field of the parent ticket and copy it over. 

The parent BPM has the following node:

image.png.84171f768e34c22518c6d42201024370.png

image.thumb.png.1450cc6ae132251053a85e6ed883ad94.png

image.png.0b903a3e6b532b6bf453a1073342fb11.png

In the child ticket BPM

image.thumb.png.5b0adac9e9f903e22006f6a6bc2dd793.png

Custom H -  &[global["flowcoderefs"]["getReqInformation"]["externalRefNumber"]["customFieldG"]]

Kind Regards,

Salma