Set from address not working

HarryM

I'm currently trying to export a report to then link in with a 3rd party team and their service now instance to receive a monthly report.

When I try to set 'From address' it won't send from that address
I've run multiple tests and so far only managed to get it to work once.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed to allow this to work?

The domain/address I'm trying to use is our main address that works for emailing from within Hornbill.

Hi @HarryM,

After replicating and fixing this is now patched on live. The issue was the from address was not being saved under certain settings.

If you now refresh your browser and then go into the schedule, clear the from address check box to reset and then check it again and enter the from address. Save the report and you you should find it has now saved the from address properly and the reporting service will use it to send. 

Please make sure the fromaddress@domain is correct otherwise the report will fail to send.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hi @NeilWJ

We are trying to send the report to an external email address outside of our main domain, and the set from address is not working correctly
If we remove the external address, it will come from our support@domain.
but when we pop the external address in again, it goes back to the default one "@live.hornbil.com" 

is there any way to ensure it sends from the custom 'from address'

Hi @HarryM,

Sorry for late reply. So let me just confirm my understanding....

When you select a [to recipient] that has an external email address that is not in your domain, so for example me@gmail.com, you are saying the report sends ok but the from address is @live.hornbill.com even though the from address in the report is set to support@yourdomain.

I will try replicate and get back to you. 

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/09/2023 at 10:22, NeilWJ said:

Hi @HarryM,

Sorry for late reply. So let me just confirm my understanding....

When you select a [to recipient] that has an external email address that is not in your domain, so for example me@gmail.com, you are saying the report sends ok but the from address is @live.hornbill.com even though the from address in the report is set to support@yourdomain.

I will try replicate and get back to you. 

Cheers

Hi @NeilWJ

Apologies for the delay.

That's correct.