Image library - image not displaying

DRiley

Hi Team,

I've uploaded an .svg image to the image library in Hornbill but I'm encountering problems....

I can select the image via the "add image" popup, type a description and click add (as shown)

image.png.3872e79fa190f7b499705595c1e3e7ea.png

Seems OK. However, upon adding the image, the preview shows a broken image icon:

image.png.c0137316659c2ce9f47142e6a7bb7435.png

When adding to a links widget in the Employee portal I also experience the same:

image.png.d3e4b221d8ad17b3dc1f35c25bfc480d.pngimage.png.c0ee3ae620be9e452d6ffed3699ed068.png

What am I missing? Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan

I can see a .png (or at least it says it is) in there showing the same symptoms, however there's also instances of (what appear to be) the same image and they display fine, certainly in list view:

image.thumb.png.ed72cc6be9e226198ef6b6332b52fa13.png

Seems consistent when in tile view (I assume the others look odd because of some situation with the scaling for the preview - another thing I noticed).

image.png.abdc4b77be0887497175daf308088fd6.png

Focusing on the image in question, the dynamics logo, I went to a website and converted the .svg to .png and then uploaded. This is can now be used.

image.png.bf1205f54fa5b7990071590d2a4e1cfe.png

If it is due to the image type, it would be useful to understand what image formats the image library supports. I forgot to ask, is there a wiki page with this?

Thanks,

Dan

1 hour ago, DRiley said:

If it is due to the image type, it would be useful to understand what image formats the image library supports. I forgot to ask, is there a wiki page with this?

@DRiley no idea if is due to image size, could be, but based on your above comment, it might not. Afaik we don't specifically document a certain set of image types that we support which means we don't restrict any... I think perhaps we can make use of a support request to see if we can get a better understanding of how that happens (I have tried several images in my instance, to see if I can investigate this further there, but I don't encounter this issue)