Removing service options from the Company Home portal

Good Afternoon,

We are in the process of simplifying our support options on our main customer Hornbill portal "Company Home", basically we want to only display two option "I would like to make a request" and "I would like to report an issue", you can see I have highlighted these as available below. 

I'm having trouble removing the other options, the options I would like removing are marked as unavailable in the below picture.   But I don't want then to be marked as Unavailable I want then to be removed completely. 

So..

I know I can remove these from the portal through the "Portal Visibility" when in the Service Portfolio, but if I do this then  I have a problem.... any active, on-hold or closed calls no longer display in the "Your requests" area of the portal.  This is a bit of a problem, as although we are no longer using the unavailable options we still want our customers to be able to see any calls that are in the system already, open, on-hold or closed.  

The easiest option I thought about to overcome this issue was to see if the portal would only display "available options" but it doesn't seem to do this. the options I can see are below.  

I'm not sure of the best way forward,  I mean, I could just remove and tell customers to accept that they can no longer see closed calls, and for any open or on hold calls I could just wait for them to be closed and then remove the options.

image.png.e838175bc5580f385f0ced45a2f41001.png 

image.png.c7fb560e34c2aba35d0d49b1c07da0e0.png

Hi Andy,  I completed this step before, and yes it works to remove the catalog items from the portal, but its the main Service within the Service Portfolio that still needs to display as "Visible" for the calls to be listed on the portal, as soon as I disable the visibility all the calls disappear.   See my example below, I have a Service Called "Desktop Support" and have retired all the catalog items.     I have resorted to putting a message within the Service item that asks customers to use another option, which I really don't like.

image.thumb.png.b1795e68a140ad401d6ca1508fb580bf.png

image.thumb.png.39e17112503f19d00a20813770a4255d.png

• 1 year later...

So "Portal Visibility" does not just refer to the service, it refers to the Tickets under that Service also. This is not intuitive because it's a config for the service and should not affect the existing tickets.

I will now try to retire a service and see where that leaves us.

• Like 1