Supplier Catalog & Supplier Contract questions

andrewmorris

We have recently adopted Velocity to assist with both Supplier Catelog & Supplier Contract. From transferring our data across we have stumbled across some questions I was hoping someone could assist;

What authority does a 'Member' have?

What is the difference in authority between a 'Member' & 'Owner'?

If the 'Owner' was to leave can we change ownership internally?

Any help would be appreciated.

@andrewmorris thanks for your post.

Supplier Members currently have no authority. They are simply there for information only purposes. A chance to associate multiple persons to a named supplier and to state their involvement with that supplier.

The owner of a supplier has functional permissions. If the owner chooses to make the supplier private (clicking the padlock) they can then set the permission level for other users/groups/roles for this supplier.

If the owner was to leave it should be possible for a user with the role 'Supplier Administrator' to reassign ownership. I will check this with our development team as I've just looked at this myself and I don't appear to have the option.

Alex

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexTumber said:

@andrewmorris thanks for your post.

Supplier Members currently have no authority. They are simply there for information only purposes. A chance to associate multiple persons to a named supplier and to state their involvement with that supplier.

The owner of a supplier has functional permissions. If the owner chooses to make the supplier private (clicking the padlock) they can then set the permission level for other users/groups/roles for this supplier.

If the owner was to leave it should be possible for a user with the role 'Supplier Administrator' to reassign ownership. I will check this with our development team as I've just looked at this myself and I don't appear to have the option.

Alex

@AlexTumber Great, thank you for your response and I will await final details on re-assigning ownership.

• Like 1