Asset import tool updating all assets

We have recently upgraded to a newer version of the asset import tool and it appears that all assets are being updated with every run of the executable. I don’t believe this happened on the previous version we were on before the upgrade. Please can someone confirm whether or not this is expected behaviour for v1_13_1?

Another note is that it is taking upwards of 5 hours to run at times. We have it set to 1 import concurrently, which I appreciate is the slowest setting but would expect it to be faster than this when only adding or changing one or two assets?

Thanks

Hi @Paul Welby,

From which version did you upgrade?

Did you re-use your existing configuration files? or did you merge in the new options that might have since been created?

If an asset is already in the system, it should update the details if the OperationType is empty (default, in case you didn't set it specifically), set to "Both" or "Update". Otherwise it will create the asset - provided OperationType matches "Both" or "Create" or is empty (again the default if not set).

A recent addition is to match users to their assets, this searches for each of the behind-the-scenes ID of each customer - although it does keep track of previously found users (so it should not make a new network connection for the second jbloggs it comes across.

Adding the option "-debug" to the command line should give extra data in the log file to find out what is happening.

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for your response. We upgraded from a very old version - V1_1_2  

I merged the new options as the config files were quite different. I'll run the debug on it today and see what it comes back with. New assets are being created no problem and the assets aren't duplicating, its just the time it is taking and the fact all are showing as updating each time. 

Hi @Paul Welby,

I will actually be working on adding some features to the Asset Import script next week, so if your debugging highlights something, I'd be obliged. I'll have a look to check whether the logging near creation happens to mention updates to often.

Hi @Paul Welby,

Does anything stand out for you in the log file? Is something happening in the log file which you wouldn't expect to happen? Is something happening too often for no good reason (eg search for customer "")?