Power BI Integration

Hi @AndyGilly,

I've just given the R scripts a whirl through R v4.0.2, and they are working fine. The process I followed to install and configiure this is as so:

1. Downloaded and installed R v4.0.2 from here: https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/ ;
  2. Opened RGui for the newly installed version of R, and installed the httr & readr packages (and dependencies) from within there (I used the UK - London repo, but that shouldn't matter as they are mirrored);
    • image.png
    • image.png
  3. Opened Power BI, navigated to Options and settings > Options > R scripting, and set the Detected R home directories option to the version of R that I just installed:
    • image.png
  4. Run the existing scripts as a Power BI data source, and they return the dataframe as expected.

So I think this must be an environmental issue in your R/Packages/Power BI configuration...

Could you check the above steps (2 and 3 probably being the most important) and let me know how you get on?

Also, if you don't want to use R to pull data in to Power BI from Hornbill, then you could always use the (slightly friendlier) Python data source scripts to perform this.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi @AndyGilly,

Looks like it's timing out when trying to retrieve your instance API endpoint details from files.hornbill.com - possibly due to a firewall or proxy getting in the way... Does the account and machine that's running Power BI (and therefore R) have access to https://files.hornbill.com/instances/YOURINSTANCEID/zoneinfo, replacing YOURINSTANCEID with your instance ID? :) 

We may need to add specific proxy support to the scripts too, I'll take a look at that.

Cheers,

Steve

@AndyGilly I saw the screenshot before you removed it, and you can get to what you need fine so it's not a firewall issue. It'll likely be your proxy getting in the way, I'll make some changes to the code to allow you to provide proxy details, will let you know here once done.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi @AndyGilly,

I've made the required changes, the scripts now support the use of proxies. Each script now has a number of variables that can be used to define the proxy details. If set to NULL, then a proxy will not be used. They are on Github now. 

image.png

Let me know how you get on with them.

Cheers,

Steve