BPM errors generated

ShalilK

Hi @ShalilK,

I believe this is related to a known issue that was raised with us in August. We then provided a Service Manager update to rectify the issue in question. 

I have noticed that the Service Manager App on your instance is on a really old build number - we have released 10 new updates of the Service Manager App since the build number that you're currently on. To help us narrow down the cause of this problem, could you please update to the latest update of the Service Manager App, raise a new Request thereafter and let us know if you're still presented with the same error?

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hello Ehsan

I have updated Service Manager to the latest release.  However, this has reintroduced the bug I raised under my activity Request BP does not progress when completing tasks following latest update  (parent requests are not being resolved when the corresponding child task has been resolved by a collaboration user (assigned the collaboration role).  The child task gets resolved, however, the parent request remains open with resolution timer still active).  The test SR I created this morning is SR00004776.

Please refer to the above activity thread, where Victor custom fixed our site to resolve the issue.  It appears the issue has not yet been resolved permanently by your development team.   Can Victor's fix be reapplied as a matter of urgency?  Until then, the parent request will remain in open status (thus affecting SLAs) even though the tasks have been closed by our collaboration users.

Regards

Shalil

Test SR snapshot;

image.thumb.png.77d1074de273ac6aff602e5e8c94d332.png

@ShalilK,

I'm here to assist - I'm a member of the Development Team and I will look into this for you to get it resolved.

So that I understand - A task is assigned to a Collaboration user (i.e. is only assigned the Collaboration Role). Once they've completed the task, the Request is automatically resolved (via an automated task in the BPM)?

That's correct Ehsan.  Once the task is completed the request should automatically get resolved.

The collaboration user is assigned the Collaboration, Self Service and the custom barnetestates_mailbox_collaborationonly roles.

Hello Ehsan,

I have created several SR's and they seem to be resolving as expected, once the associated task has been completed. I had forgotten that, as part of Victor's original fix, the BPM was amended to include a one minute delay between the task completing and the SR getting resolved by System Internal Context.  Hence thinking the first test SR did not resolve as soon as the task was completed!

I appreciate your help and prompt response.  I will monitor the system over the next week or so and coma back to you if the issue shows up again with actual analysts/collaboration users.

Regards

Shalil