Hornbill Design Interface

MizeelA

Hi 

We are trying to add additional fields (add spare fields) to the design template in order to increase our options when a ticket is logged. I have added an additional spare field to an already created ticket which is fine but it does effect any new tickets logged.

Is there a way to change the template to create more fields under the design?

Could you please advise on how we could achieve this?

Screenshot attached

Hornbill Question.PNG

@MizeelA

4 minutes ago, MizeelA said:

We are trying to add additional fields (add spare fields) to the design template in order to increase our options when a ticket is logged.

Adding custom fields on request (ticket) details is fine but is not sufficient in order to have these fields presented to a user raising a request... these fields need to be added into PCF as well via custom field mapping... https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Mapping_Fields_from_Customised_Forms

Thanks Victor for your quick reply but I don't want to fields to be presented to the user logging the ticket I want to the service desk team to see after the ticket is logged. Such as the external ref no, source which is the default but the user doesn't see it.

Does this still need adding to via custom field mapping?

Hornbill Question.PNG

@MizeelA ah, ok, I understand what you mean... in this case, the fields you added on the already created request/ticket (let's call it "Original Ticket") will be available only for requests/tickets raised against the service that "Original Ticket" belongs to... if new tickets are raised against other services they won't have these custom fields... what I am trying to say that these custom fields you added are stored against the service...