Auto Out Of Office Replies Taking Tickets Off Hold

Lee C

Hello :)

As the subject states out of office replies, when they come back on ticket it automatically takes them off hold...is there anyway i can change that so it if an out of office message comes back it keeps the ticket on hold

At the same time we need manual responses though to still take ticket off hold, only want it to stay on hold if the out of office message bounces straight back on the ticket.

Lee, have an inbound routing rule on your connected mailbox to find and discard out of office responses. Set that rule to execute before the rule that matches responses to the tickets. That way, no such updates will come through. Sometimes it's a bit of trick to get the exact terms matched but we use this with some success:

subject LIKE 'Automatic reply%' OR
subject LIKE '%Automatic reply%' OR
subject LIKE 'Out of office%' OR
subject LIKE '%out of office%' OR
subject LIKE '%Out of office%' OR
subject LIKE 'out of office%'

image.png.ac065c17f168ab1773c79c5a6aff6000.png

It's not quite what you asked for but it achieves the same outcome of not coming off hold. The disadvantage of this approach is that the service desk don't get to see when someone is out of office (unless you have other mechanisms for them to find out like Teams Presence checks etc).

If your hold is on a workflow suspend node awaiting customer response I can imagine something like this but haven't tried it:

1. After receiving a customer response the suspend node moves to a node which gets the latest email content
  2. You have a decision node and expression that checks for the "out of office" kind of wording in the subject of that email
  3. If that's found, you send it back to the same suspend node to await (the next) customer response, if not, move on to the next node

This doesn't help you if the on-hold is manual/ad-hoc as there's no workflow to react.

My second screenshot was just the names of my rules showing the order I have them in. The "delete automatic emails..." one is the one with there expressions:

subject LIKE 'Automatic reply%' OR
subject LIKE '%Automatic reply%' OR
subject LIKE 'Out of office%' OR
subject LIKE '%out of office%' OR
subject LIKE '%Out of office%' OR
subject LIKE 'out of office%'

• Like 1