Power Virtual Agent - Search Knowledge Flow Failing

I have setup a PVA according to Teams Power Virtual Agent - Hornbill, but when I trigger the "I need help" topic, it fails with:

[24/12/21 12:05] Hornbill Virtual Agent

Sorry, the bot can't talk for a while. It's something the bot's owner needs to address. Error code: 2003. Conversation ID: a:1sRpdKJmBlAwDCW_UxiSZQu1EwZTezthuB0bMKqsIUFkm063EHs_yW1AOwa2TJBKWe1mruDht_-bRHbehJ7xheba3ZSqxdJDWqy3vODCetFwaHv73q-orLwBOsf-I6d40. Time (UTC): 12/24/2021 12:05:50 PM.

Having done some investigation, the issue appears to be due to the search knowledge flow failing with the following error:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Parse_JSON_-_Content' inputs at line '1' and column '2516': 'Required property 'content' expects a value but got null. Path ''.'.

Although the HTTP step in the flow succeeds, I believe that the error is caused because the following is returned:

<message>Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property &apos;siteName&apos; of null</message>

Full output below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<methodCallResult status="fail">
    <state>
        <code>0207</code>
        <service>apps</service>
        <operation>chatbotKnowledgeSearch</operation>
        <error>/apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/flowcode/fc_ops/chatbotKnowledgeSearch.js(46): error X1001: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property &apos;siteName&apos; of null</error>
        <flowcodeError>
            <where>Execute</where>
            <filename>/apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/flowcode/fc_ops/chatbotKnowledgeSearch.js</filename>
            <lineNumber>46</lineNumber>
            <columnPos>18</columnPos>
            <message>Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property &apos;siteName&apos; of null</message>
            <errorCode>1001</errorCode>
        </flowcodeError>
    </state>
</methodCallResult>

Please advise how I can resolve.

Yes @Rob Garton, IF your User ID in Hornbill is RGETH, then your UPN should also bee RGETH.

We ARE working on making it configurable so other (AD) fields can be used to identify the user (eg email), but for the moment, you are limited to UPN matching User ID.

@SamS,

There is a ServiceDesk user ID in Hornbill, I’ve created a ServiceDesk user in the Azure tenant and used this as the Office 365 users connector for the Power App. 

I am still getting the same error. 

Can I assume that onMicrosoft.com part of the UPN is irrelevant and ignored? Our test instance doesn’t use SSO. 

@SamS,

What I am saying is that we don’t sign into hornbill with the user name ServiceDesk@domain.com, we use ServiceDesk, which is what made me think that only the ServiceDesk bit needed to match. 

Do I need to create an account in Hornbill with a user ID that matches a full UPN i.e ServiceDesk@domain.com?

Hi @Rob Gething,

Yes, for the time being those are the constraints.

If I were you, I would set up a single account to test. Once you confirm that it "works in principal", you can think about how you would like to extend on things (and play around a little).

Hopefully by then you will have an updated version of the script that allows a different matching fields (although I expect that the matching field in Hornbill will remain User ID - it MIGHT become (interchangable with) Login ID at some time in the future).

• 4 weeks later...