custom fields in request list view

Keith

I think this may have been raised before but we desperately need to include some of the custom fields in the request list view display. In particular we need two of these (h_custom_a & h_custom_b).

Could you please consider this (or a more flexible way of including additional data into the request list.

Thanks

Keith

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any other support in the Hornbill community to have access to the custom fields in the request list view. The lack of this is having a severe impact on our ability to manage our workload effectively.

@Keith

We are still keen to have this functionality. 

Out of interest are your fields mainly common across  your services with some service specific ones or different for each service? We have a lot of common ones to replace missing ones from support works such as 'condition' and other common items such as customer's reference, version, development reference etc.

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton

We currently only use two fields one of which is used on every service and the other which is used on most services. TBH I only really need the one that is used on each service. 

I am getting so desperate that I am looking into populating the External Reference with the value from that field as a hack that would get me by.

Regards

Keith

@Keith

I suspect the External Reference field might be your best bet in the short term and then translate the title. We had looked at this also for the condition field,as we use this for our escalation process which as you would suspect is quite important when reviewing workloads in the request list view.

Cheers

Martyn 

• 6 months later...

I would be interested to know if there are any Custom Fields that you feel are standard fields to the particular request type that you are trying to work with.  If there are fields that we feel can be used by other customers we can consider adding some of these as default fields rather than having to use custom fields.

James

19 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

I would be interested to know if there are any Custom Fields that you feel are standard fields to the particular request type that you are trying to work with.  If there are fields that we feel can be used by other customers we can consider adding some of these as default fields rather than having to use custom fields.

James

Can I chip in and say that having the current "Stage Checkpoint" in a process would be useful.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 2:32 PM, James Ainsworth said:

James

@James Ainsworth In our case the custom fields would not be relevant for others. They represent the Operating Company and Company code of the customer.

• 1 month later...

@James Ainsworth I have now modified all our BPM's to update the External reference with our OpCo details. However, my elation was short lived when I realised that the External Reference is not available as part of the My Dashboard charting. Can this please be added relatively quickly?

Regards

Keith

• 4 months later...

Hi @chrisnutt

We do have the change in the backlog for this.  The challenge comes with the display of the column heading so that it makes the information in the list meaningful.  For example if you had the field customA used to contain 10 completely different pieces of information for 10 different services, how do we display the heading of the column so that the user understands what the information in that column relates to. 

As the custom fields can be configured per Service, it might be that we provide the visibility of these custom field columns when viewing requests only for that Service. 

It is something that we will continue to investigate and look for solutions.

Regards,

James

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 7:54 PM, James Ainsworth said:

They apply to the View that you are creating, independent of customer, organisation, or service. 

@James Ainsworth I don't quite follow, from were do these custom fields get their content? If I just create a field and call it VIP how does it get populated?