Viewing attachments from tickets

Tom Brewster

Currently when an attachment is loaded to a ticket if we want to view it it seems the only way is to download the item, save it then open it locally...

Is there a way to open images directly from Service manager tickets without having to download the item, like a "quick view" function? It'll only save a small amount of time and make life a little easier but a few of our SM users have mentioned it so we just wanted to ask the question.

Cheers,
Tom

Ok so after @Gary@ADLs post I have looked into this a little more and it would seem that it is an IE setting rather than Hornbill.

Looking into my registry I am missing the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\AttachmentExecute\{0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} which allows or disallows auto opening of files.

Since this tend to be set by GPO I thought it best not to add the key and value here. If you have the key it should be possible to change it via IE. If you go to tools> view downloads and right click the file you want to change to always open you should be able to uncheck the Always ask before opening this type of file box. You would have to do this for each file type you need to auto open however.

Having tried to open the same files in Chrome it just opens in the browser or presents you the 'Open...' option straight away so this may be a better option.

So I think it is either a GP change or a browser change rather than a Hornbill change.

Anyway hope that helps some people.