Can't get email routing to work

Ricky Watts

I'm trying to set up email routing so that when someone emails with a ticket reference in the subject it updates the relevant ticket, but can't get it to work.  I think I've got the routing settings set up correctly, but when the emails come in nothing happens with them, and the MailService logs have an error saying "Uncaught FCSException: ERROR(006)". Can anyone see if there's something I've done wrong in the config?

Also I've noticed that even though I've populated the Reference field in the routing rules, if I save and go back in then the field is empty again.

hornbill screenshot 1.JPG

hornbill screenshot 2.JPG

Thanks, but the requests I'm testing with aren't closed.  I'm logging them with my own account, which does have full admin rights but assume that should still count as a registered customer.

I have tried turning on the settings above and it still doesn't work, but it gives a slightly different error now

hornbill error 3.JPG

@Ricky Watts just noticed the routing rule configuration... "updateRequest" should not be used as it does not work as intended (I think it will be deprecated soon), apologies, I don't think we mention this anywhere... so, what you would need to use is "logOrUpdateIncident" (or Service Request) depending on what request type you are updating and make sure you have a value for "Reference" filed (as in your screenshot) as it is a mandatory parameter for update actions...

Thanks I've changed it to logOrUpdateIncident.  It's still not working, but now the error is saying "Uncaught ReferenceError: ERROR is not defined".  I have noticed that even though I fill in the Reference field if I save and then go back in the Reference field is empty again.  Could this error be something to do with that?  It looks like it's not saving what I've entered.  I'm using Chrome, but have tried with IE and Firefox but can't even enter data into the field using them.

hornbill error 4.JPG

I've got this working now.  I went into System -> Data -> Database Direct and checked the values directly on the h_msg_auto_rules table.  The h_api_reference field was empty for the rule I set up, which confirms what I suspected about it not saving the Reference data I was entering via Routing Rules.  I entered [a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8} into h_api_reference via Database Direct and now it appears to be working correctly and updating tickets when emails come in.

Looks like a bug in the Routing Rules page.  Thanks for your help @Victor