Email colleagues re SLA Breach

derekgreen

Hi All. Have always found the forum the quickest way to resolve problems, so I hope someone can advice with this.

We successfully implemented Hornbill in October and have had a huge by in from our user community, we are receiving far more calls via Service Desk than we ever did on our old system.

Now that the service has bedded in, I'd like to make things more responsive for my colleagues in ICT. I have found that we are experiencing an increase in the number of calls 'going red' as they breach our defined SLA's. What I'd like to do is have the system send an email to the owner of the call to alert them that the call is in danger of breaching its SLA. For example, we should be closing a priority one call within two hours, I would like to have the system email the owner (or maybe the whole team) half an hour before the two hours is up with a warning that the call is running into the red. All advice gratefully received.

@derekgreen I should apologise, I promised I will have a look at this and completely forgot...!! I need better way to manage forums requests, they're so many :)

I don't have access to your instance, so I can't confirm how you need to set the escalations... since you have SLM enabled, the escalation should be configured on the SLAs....

Perhaps it would be best if we can have a call on this and a remote session to see exactly how you have the SLAs set up in your instance.

The only options for sending email is to the owner or the owner's manager.

With our process, we mark the response time when the customer is first contacted by an analyst to attempt an initial 'quick-fix' and/or arrange a vist, but the request is first placed in a group without an owner.
This means that the Response Escalation can occur on a call that does not yet have an owner - what I need at that point in the ability to email everyone in the group that contains the request to basically say "Get this assigned and contact the customer, quick!"

Is that functionality available and I've missed it, or is that more complicated to achieve?

@DeadMeatGF unfortunately the only options are, as you pointed out, to notify the owner or owner's manager... and they don't "care" if the request has an owner or if the owner has a manager... so they will fail if not :( ... current escalation functionality works with these pre requisites but there are plans to have this functionality improved/extended...