Creating Measures - First time fix

yelyah.nodrog

Good afternoon,

I have a measures question. We are trying to create a measure for first time fix's, in our Progressive capture for Incidents and Service Requests we have a custom form at the end that is called First time fix:

I have named the Field ID first_time_fix - and it is a simple static drop down select box, with the options "yes" or "no" I want to be able to create a measure for it to fid out how many first time fixs we have for service requests and incidents.

I don't know what to fill in under the table and key columns, this is what I have put but its not pulling anything up, obviously first_time_fix isn't going to work for this question so how can I put a measure in place for it?

Many thanks

Hayley.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, Victor said:

@yelyah.nodrog you would need to map this field to a custom field in the database, then use that custom field in the measure. You can find more info about how to map custom fields in ProCap here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Progressive_Capture_Designer ("Mapping Fields from Customised Forms" section)

I have changed the fields to h_custom_b however I don't know what table and key column to select in the measure? there isn't a custom one that I can see?

@yelyah.nodrog it will be the same field as in the ProCap binding: h_custom_b (as per screenshot). Also your "request type" filter will never work as you try to match request which are "Incidents" AND "Service request" types at the same time... Impossible, a request can be one or another... The screenshot shows how you need to set this to work. Hope this helps :)

measure_query_clause.PNG

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:58 AM, Victor said:

@yelyah.nodrog it will be the same field as in the ProCap binding: h_custom_b (as per screenshot). Also your "request type" filter will never work as you try to match request which are "Incidents" AND "Service request" types at the same time... Impossible, a request can be one or another... The screenshot shows how you need to set this to work. Hope this helps :)

measure_query_clause.PNG

Good morning Victor,

I have applied this information to the Data source section and changed the pro cap to read h_custom_b in the field id but it is still not picking anything up?

Please see screen shots..

Hayley

Datasource.PNG

h_custom_b.PNG

Hi @yelyah.nodrog

Can you perform the following:

1) In the "Date Ranging Column2" attribute, remove the value you have there by selecting the blank option at the top of the drop down list (this shouldn't be populated)

2) Save the measure

3) Come out of the measure and go back in - check that the Date Ranging Column2 attribute is still blank (we have a minor bug which sometimes does not retain the saved changed for these attributes)

4) If it is blank re sample the measure, and see if that fixes your issue

If its not blank, please could you recreate the measure exactly as you have already done, but ensure not to select anything in the "Date Ranging Column2" attribute. 

Does that resolve the issue?

Kind Regards

Bob

Morning Bob/Victor,

I have done this, it wouldn't save blank so had to recreate the Measure. It is now reporting but it is not giving me what I think is a true figure.

This could be because it is running for all Teams and we only want it to run for service desk. In which case how would I make it so it only ran for our Service desk team?

I'm assuming in Query where Clause it would read like: h_requesttype IN ('Incident', 'service request') AND h_custom_b ='Yes' OR h_custom_b ='no' AND h_fk_team_name='Service Desk'

Then would sub Query be: h_custom_b ='Yes'?

Thanks

Hayley

@yelyah.nodrog ...hmm... not sure what you mean by sub query.... but the Query where clause should include the team if you want to filter on this a s well:

h_requesttype IN ('Incident', 'service request') AND (h_custom_b ='Yes' OR h_custom_b ='No') AND h_fk_team_name='Service Desk'

If you are using a combination of AND and OR, make sure to use brackets to account for operators precedence: AND takes precedence over OR in above statement so the OR part needs to be enclosed in brackets.

@yelyah.nodrog

It looks like you have this set up correctly and using the percentage sub query with your 'Yes' custom answer.  This is the same logic if you wanted to create a percentage measure which was looking at Incident SLA percentage Resolution performance, you would use the h_witihnfix = 1 in the Percentage sub query as shown below.

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 14.42.05.png