Mailbox Rights - Delete message - Continued

yelyah.nodrog

Good afternoon all,

last week I had a conversation about how to give everyone access to the mailbox so that they could reply to tickets via email. However this means that everyone can delete messages in the mail box. We are having issues where users are removing all emails in the inbox in error by clocking the Delete all button. This has happened several times now.

We cannot remove people from having access to the mailbox as it means that they cannot respond to the customers emails.

I had a reply advising I would need to create a mailbox role with just "Can send message", "Can get message" and "can add file attachment" which is great. But we still need users to be able to delete individual emails. But we don't want them to be able to use the "Delete All" button. Is there a different role/function for Delete all and deleting singular emails?

Thanks

Hayley.

@yelyah.nodrog in the next Collaboration build (which I think is scheduled to be deployed next week) the "Delete All" button was redesigned and named "Empty Folder" and was give additional protection to make sure no one wipes out emails by mistake. I hope this mitigates the issue you have around this. Besides this I'm afraid there is not possible currently to grant specific rights to this button/functionality.

Hi @yelyah.nodrog

You could remove delete permissions and get the analysts to 'move to folder' rather than delete.

If you get them to move the email to a 'To Be Deleted' folder and have one person with delete rights (Team Leader for example) clear out the folder at the end of a set period. That way you are still clearing out the inbox but not allowing accidental deletion.

Plus you get to keep the emails for e.g. 24 hours before deletion should you require to refer to them.

Just an idea and is something we do

Thanks

Dan

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, Dan Munns said:

Hi @yelyah.nodrog

You could remove delete permissions and get the analysts to 'move to folder' rather than delete.

If you get them to move the email to a 'To Be Deleted' folder and have one person with delete rights (Team Leader for example) clear out the folder at the end of a set period. That way you are still clearing out the inbox but not allowing accidental deletion.

Plus you get to keep the emails for e.g. 24 hours before deletion should you require to refer to them.

Just an idea and is something we do

Thanks

Dan

Thanks Dan that's quite helpful!