Hide tasks from timeline

Keith

Hi Victor,

As part of our process flow we create approval tasks for anyone of 6 people to complete, so 6 tasks get created with the timeline being updated in each case to advise the task was added. I just want to suppress this notification in the timeline. Because there are 6 it makes the timeline very noisy. 

Hope that helps.

Keith

• 9 months later...

@dwalby,

You can configure this via Admin Tool (i.e. https://admin.hornbill.com/[INSTANCE]) > Click on "Hornbill Service Manager" Tile > Click on "Application Settings" Tile and filter the list to find the following Application Setting:

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 12.26.36.png

In the case of the Timeline entry for the creation of a task, the above Application Setting is taken into consideration. In this example, the value is customer which indicates that the customer of the Request will be able to view this Timeline entry (via User App, Customer Portal and Service Portal).

You can change this value to team using the designated drop-down list. That should then hide the Timeline entry for the creation of task - going forward.

Hope this helps.

Ehsan

@dwalby There is an Application Setting to set the default Visibility for each tab within a Request. Here is a list of some of those (there are more - I couldn't fit them into one image) :)

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 12.36.55.png

In addition, you can choose the visibility of an update prior to posting it (i.e. you can override the default Visibility) - For example if a particular content is not suitable for the end users.

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 12.38.27.png

Even after posting an update to a Request, you can change the visibility of the Timeline entry via More Actions option.

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 12.39.11.png

Visibility of posts across Service Manager are configurable and the poster of an update has the rights to alter the visibility where required. Automatic or System updates (e.g. by the BPM or on task creation in this example) will rely to an Application Setting.