No permission to open request

m.vandun

Visibility of requests is determined by the teams that support a Service. If you're in a team that supports the Service associated to the request, you should be able to see the details of the request. If you have a scenario where you sometimes need to help out another team, then you can always be added to a request as a member which will treat you almost like a temporary member of the team. If you often need to help out, but not have requests assigned to you, you can now configure that by being added as a member of the team and turning assignment off in the Service Desk area of Service Manager in the admin tool.

If a request has no service, then only the team it's assigned to can view it. If there's no team in this case, then only a user with the Service Desk Admin role can view the request as a catch all.

Hope that helps!

Hi @Chaz

I noticed indeed that this request does not have a service assigned.

589c1791dd772_2017-02-0908_16_58-(2)Verzoeken-Hornbill.thumb.png.8576d738e45e107a6250eeaa54324a49.png

The Service Desk Admin (me) is unable to open the request. Also with the super admin i'm unable to open the request.

Is there a way to see why this has happend? Also how can I resolve this? I'm also unable to close / cancel the ticket and create a new one.

Apologies, I was mistaken about the Service Desk Admin role, this is something we're looking to introduce to help manage these scenarios. I cannot see a team associated to the request, but as it has an owner, there must also be a team associated with it. Anyone within that team should be able access the request and add you as a member, which will then treat you as a part of that team for that request.

I added myself to the team and I'm able to open the request.

Any idea why there is no service added? I had this before where there was no default BPM set. I had already changed this but still this had happend.  According to the other threat I should adjust the settings at: app.requests.defaultBPMProcess.incident

@m.vandun it looks like service details were not captured during progressive capture on this particular occasion. This request was raised from an email and the associated progressive capture ("Start - Incident") does not have the "Service Details" form set as mandatory. You can actually finish this progressive capture without selecting a service...