Updating Existing Assets

DC-BEN

Hi,

We have around 160 devices that have been added into the Service Manager asset database automatically via SCCM.

We have other information to add to all of these assets that SCCM doesn't populate such as; order number, supplier ID, room, order date, received date, warranty expires.

Just wondering if anyone can help advise if there is an easy way to add this information into existing records without going into each asset and manually changing it?

I'm guessing the asset upload feature is for new assets only and can't be used to add more information to existing assets?

Thanks

Hi @DC-BEN,

yes the asset upload feature is for new assets only, not for update.

Unfortunately I cannot see any shorter way to update the asset details one by one.
If you have an updated CSV file and if the assets are not currently linked to any entity, you may delete the existing assets and import them again.

Regards,

Armando

Hi @DC-BEN

The Asset Import Utility which was used to import assets from SCCM can also be used to update existing assets in Hornbill, it can import / update from different sources (you will of course need to create the configs / queries for each data source). 

If the information you mention is not held in SCCM, but is in another data source you can create another script to update the existing assets in Hornbill.

As long as the identifier set in the config and returned by the query matches an asset in Hornbill, then the record will be updated rather than creating a new one

Hope that helps 

Steve

• 10 months later...

Have there been any further developments on capability for updating assets?

I also have a number of assets imported from SCCM, which I have purchase information, etc. as well as images for each device model. Is there any way to bulk update them from CSV or similar?