Date Issues in Reporting

ljbrown

I'm producing a report based on customer feedback received but the h_itsm_request_feedback.h_date_created field within the database is empty when running the query - does anyone else have this issue?

Also, for a Change Request report I have created, the date/time prompt questions within the progressive capture are returned in the format of 2016-11-14T00:00:00.000Z in the report generated although our default system settings are dd\mm\yyyy hh:mm - any ideas on how to rectify this to save me having to reformat the cells each time in excel?

Thanks,

Lucy

Hi @ljbrown

unfortunately there was a problem with the h_date_created field not being populated. This issue has been fixed in the version 2.39, so if the table h_itsm_request_feedback  was populated before you updated to the version 2.39, then  h_date_created   will be empty. 

I run a test and I can see that h_date_created  is correctly set now. If you updated to the version 2.39 or later, can you confirm that h_date_created  is now correctly set, please? 

As far the date in the format  2016-11-14T00:00:00.000Z for a Change Request report, I will double check and get back to you.

Regards,

Armando

@ljbrown the time is stored as test so the reporting interface doesn't know that it's a date time value that it needs to convert. We store this format currently so that we can format it according to your timezone when looking at a request.

Long term we are looking to provide a simpler approach to reporting within Service Manager which would overcome issues such as this.

thank you both for your help, the customer feedback report is now displaying the date correctly on newer records. I shall continue to manually edit the date/time field within excel until the reporting module can format this automatically.