Adding groups to user account

nasimg

Seems we can only add groups to user accounts individually, it looks like we can add additional groups but the previous one is removed.

It would help to allow multiple groups to be added to user accounts (works the other way around - adding multiple users to a group).

Regards

Nasim

Groups to users.PNG

• 2 months later...

Is there a fast way I can add a user to all our organisational groups (its for our head).

At the moment, because of the above issue, I'm going to have to add them one at a time (saving as I go) until the 50+ teams are added.

He wants to be able to view all tickets, and have the ability to update them. Is there a special role to cover this scenario?

Regards

Nasim Gani

It is a little quiet on this post - but I think the above "adding groups to a user" is a defect.  You get the impression you can add multiple groups but you can only add one at a time (saving after each addition)

As I said you can add multiple users to a group.

Nasim

A faster way @nasimg is to do it via SQL directly, but highly risky and certainly not recommended by Hornbill. I know that's how I personally did it for approx 75 people.

Another alternative is to use the LDAP User Import utility to assign quickly people to a team from the Active Directory (if it fits with your setup). You can use the LDAP query to restrict the list of accounts to be assigned into a particular team.

The latter approach is quite safe (especially if you do a dry-run to start with!)

Thanks for the info @Lyonel I didn't think we had access to do this via SQL - I'll have a chat to my admin who is more familiar with this approach.

My issue is the UI for adding teams to a user (see my first screenshot) is not working as I think it was intended - you should be able to add multiple teams, but this is not the case.

Nasim

Totally agree with you @nasimg about the UI. I had the same reaction the first time I used it and then quickly realized something was not quite right... But since we automated the team allocation using the LDAP User Import tool, so did not have to use this screen for a while now :)

Yes I've ignored this issue because we have been using LDAP import tool too, but adding teams to one user is easier to do from the above screen. That's why someone in the  @Hornbill Support Team should look and fix it (or at least reply :( ).