Email rules

Dan Munns

Hi all,

I am having difficulty getting the email rules to work this morning.

We have changed mailboxes and as such I need to create a rule as follows:

"If email is sent from <old address> and contains subject line <IT Request Form 2016> logOrUpdateServiceRequest"

However I cannot get the email rules to play ball today.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Dan

Hi @Victor

Screen shot attached. It passes a regex tester in Python but not JavaScript but (unless I remove the / and then it passes both. I have tried both but neither work)

Probably something stupid I have done / not done.

Any danger of giving us email rules straight from the email view like in Outlook?? Haha.

Capture.PNG

@Dan Munns uhh...REGEX, always these takes soo much time to "decode" and "encode" properly :D ... May I ask you try a simple SQL expression like:

subject LIKE '%IT Request Form 2015%' AND fromAddress = '<email>'

and see if this works? Then at least we know we have to look at that REGEX expression and is nothing else faulty...

Hi @Victor

The above expression does work, so it is something horrible in mine (which I kind of gathered)

It will do what we need it to do as is for the moment.

I will just have to brush up on my regex (sigh)

Thanks

Dan

EDIT: Ok so I lied a little. Any call raised via an email and this rule fails the BPM with the following error:

64945 23/01/2017 14:26 error comms 9012 Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests/bpmOperation:getCustomerInformation] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/getCustomerInformation): nodeName: Invoke Flowcode: shrGetCustomerDetails; nodeId: e660ce0b-abf4-4b1a-9239-1c4341c94f95; At 211/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall:invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager:shrGetCustomerDetails] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/flowcode/fc_ops/shrGetCustomerDetails): Security failure" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_e660ce0b_abf4_4b1a_9239_1c4341c94f95
64944 23/01/2017 14:26 error comms 9012 Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests/bpmOperation:getCustomerInformation] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/getCustomerInformation): nodeName: Invoke Flowcode: shrGetCustomerDetails; nodeId: e660ce0b-abf4-4b1a-9239-1c4341c94f95; At 211/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall:invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager:shrGetCustomerDetails] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/flowcode/fc_ops/shrGetCustomerDetails): Security failure" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_e660ce0b_abf4_4b1a_9239_1c4341c94f95
64943 23/01/2017 14:26 error perf 9012 apps:getCustomerInformation() Operation Invocation results: failure (198443008 B, 1007 ms, 0 kB, 0 ms, 0 kB) Slow API response!!!
64933 23/01/2017 14:26 error scripts 9012 nodeName: Invoke Flowcode: shrGetCustomerDetails; nodeId: e660ce0b-abf4-4b1a-9239-1c4341c94f95; At 211/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall:invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager:shrGetCustomerDetails] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/flowcode/fc_ops/shrGetCustomerDetails): Security failure" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_e660ce0b_abf4_4b1a_9239_1c4341c94f95
64932 23/01/2017 14:26 error comms 9012 Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager:shrGetCustomerDetails] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/flowcode/fc_ops/shrGetCustomerDetails): Security failure
64931 23/01/2017 14:26 error comms 9012 Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager:shrGetCustomerDetails] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/flowcode/fc_ops/shrGetCustomerDetails): Security failure

The call is logged but wont progress any further

@Dan Munns just to be aware, the setting in question is managing the BP spawn on logging requests. Basically if you have a complex BP, when it spawns on a new request, it will be a delay from when the analysts logs the request until it can access it (the delay is direct proportional with BP complexity). By complexity I mean the number of nodes the BP goes through until it expects an action from an analyst (like a "suspend" node). The async spawn setting would allow an analyst to open the request straight after it was logged and not waiting for the BP to fully initiate (this would happen in the background).

So, what I wanted to say is that, depending on your BPs complexity, you might experience these delays when an analyst logs new requests... if your BPs are not very complex, the delay should be barely noticeable...

@Dan Munns we have an internal investigation into this, as it definitely affects the use of autoresponder in conjunction with async BP spawn. So I believe they will have this functionality re-written, however I'm afraid I don't have any ETA, but hopefully in the (very) near future...