Error message when auto-logging requests from mailbox

LouCoo

I’m getting errors when requests are logged automatically from the shared mailbox. I have assigned a service to run automatically which has our default BPM assigned to it. It seems to fail at the confirmation email stage, I can see the following in the error logs:

Operation[mail:sendEntityTemplateMessage] The specified mailbox 'SR Helpdesk' doesn't exist or you have not been granted access to it

nodeName: Send Entity Template Message; nodeId: efcd8651-1b14-44fc-857c-a34db2b5658e; "EspMethodCall:invoke: Operation[mail:sendEntityTemplateMessage] The specified mailbox 'SR Helpdesk' doesn't exist or you have not been granted access to it"

Is there something I’m missing? A permission that has to be applied to the service that logs the ticket automatically from the mailbox?

Hi Louis,

As you're subscribed to Premier Success (where we provide Service Levels for customer issues), I will raise an Incident on behalf of you to track the progress of this issue.

Thanks,

Pamela

Thanks Pamela.

The SYS_AUTORESPONDER is being given the mailbox rights of the Hornbill service manager system role, the problem seems to be that the role itself doesn't have permissions to the mailbox.

It was indeed the AR not having sufficient rights. I applied a sort of a "hack" by giving mailbox rights to the system user. Unfortunately this is not something that you (by you I mean customers) can do via Admin tool :(  But, as sort of good news, since this resolves the issue, we now know where the issue is and hopefully our devs will have a permanent fix soon.

Just to keep in mind if, by any chance, you update Service Manager app to a newer version (when this will be available), and if this new version does not have teh fix for this we will have to apply the same workaround. So, please let me/us know when you update so we can have a look and see if we need to reapply the workaround. Hope this makes sense.

@LouCoo I checked your instance and the changes for autoresponder are in place, the platform update did not affect them. The issue here is different, is not the autoresponder, is a "basic" user logging a request. A basic user will not have any mailbox rights (because mailbox rights are "user" type, not "basic" therefore they can't be assigned to a basic user). Unfortunately this can't be fixed unless they change the system behavior in this regards.

This is a known issue, currently investigated by development.

So the ticket is logged by the autoresponder which is given the mailbox permissions of the service manager role but the mailbox permissions for sending the confirmation email are based on the user logging the request? Does this mean that if a role was added to the user that gave them mailbox rights the issue would be solved?

@LouCoo it has nothing to do with the roles, I'm afraid. The autoresponder itself was given direct permissions on the mailbox to cater for autoresponder issue. Therefore adding (if even possible) a role to a basic user, won't solve the issue.

Hornbill Service Manager role should not have a mailbox permission, the reason is that is a system role used by many parts of the app. If I would add a mailbox right for this role (if even possible) I might inadvertently give a right to a specific operation that might prohibit the mailbox access. This is why I preferred to tinker the autoresponder itself as I know it only does this: autoresponder :) 

One of the tickets (SR00000433) that has an error was logged from someone that has full user permissions. The user also has permissions to access and modify the mailbox. I've just tested again (SR00000437), the same thing happens with another full User that also has permissions for the mailbox. :S

@LouCoo SR00000433 and SR00000437 were actually logged by autoresponder, however the issue here is slightly different, is not related to the mailbox or its rights. The error you see on these two requests is caused by an outstanding issue which is has been discussed here:

We do not have a permanent fix as of yet, but we do have a workaround for this issue (details on the forum thread).

• Like 1