Responding email does not update ticket

Keith

Hi,

We have received a customer response to a request which has not been updated to the request automatically.

The subject line reads  "RE: Update: Service Request SR00000110"

We have the standard UpdateIncident email routing in place to handle this. 

Any ideas why this did not update the request?

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your post. I was wondering if you have had other Service Requests, rather than incidents, that have successfully updated and is this a one off?  I'd also be interested if you have more than one routing rule in case this request was picked up in a previous rule for some reason.  If you only have one rule, could you post the conditions for the rule?

Regards,

James

Hi James,

I think this is a 'one off' but am trying to understand why that would be the case. We only have two active rules currently and this is the number 1 in order.

Let me know if you need more info.

Keith

rule.jpg

Thanks @Victor IT does seem to be exactly these two scenarios.

With regards the setting to allow update of closed tickets do you have any advise on best practice. Obviously the user has replied in good faith that their response will be seen but the analyst will not likely be monitoring closed tickets. 

Will the analysts get a notification of the request being updated if request is closed?

Thanks in advance.

Keith 

28 minutes ago, Keith said:

With regards the setting to allow update of closed tickets do you have any advise on best practice

It really depends on how your service desk works... some desks will not allow this since closed tickets are no longer in an analyst queue so it will go unnoticed...other desks have a different approach...

29 minutes ago, Keith said:

Will the analysts get a notification of the request being updated if request is closed?

It should... as far as I know the notification does not depend on call status...

3 minutes ago, Victor said:

It really depends on how your service desk works... some desks will not allow this since closed tickets are no longer in an analyst queue so it will go unnoticed...other desks have a different approach...

It should... as far as I know the notification does not depend on call status...

OK Thanks! - doesn't seem good practice for the customer call to go unnoticed.