FAQ Library

Dan Munns

Hi all,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a way of holding the FAQ documents in a central place and having a system for what service to display them on?

At the moment we have a few FAQ documents that are relevant for more than one service and we will have to make sure that all copies on all services are up to date rather than update a central document and then display it across multiple services.

An example of this is adding a mailbox to a corporate mobile.

We have had instances of iOS updates dropping the mailbox so the FAQ will show in 'Incidents', we will also display it in 'Service Requests' as the request new hardware service lives there. Finally it will also be displayed in 'Mobile Devices and Remote Working' and in 'Staff Changes' for new starters

Obviously should the document change we will have to remember to update all 4 documents. This isn't too bad at the moment as the number of FAQs I have written is quite small but once we start using the system in a live function and the FAQs are also written by the analysts and the number grows it will be a task it itself to make sure all copies of documents are up to date. 

I was thinking of showing all FAQs in one tab and having a multi select drop down list of available services after each one as per the attached image.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your post.  Great to hear that you are using the FAQs and thanks for the feedback.  The ability to have a FAQ associated to more than one service sounds like a worth while option.  I have raised a change proposal for this.  I will post back any progress and let you know once it reaches our development queue.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Guest Paul Alexander

+1 for us too please....we DO use FAQ's but keeping them organised isn't particularly easy so this change would be a great benefit for us....

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I will join in on this and +1 it - would be great to have this feature in FAQs, as well as the other enhancement I suggested previously where we can add hidden tags to a FAQ as our customers do not always search for the correct terminology when searching on the portal so having hidden tags (much like we can add tags to documents in Document Manager) will really help us push our customers to the correct data

Thanks !

• Like 1

You may have seen or read in other posts that we are working on improving knowledge management within Hornbill.  As part of this there will be a some consideration around providing a centalized view of both FAQs and Published Issues as part of a new Knowledge Centre.  Once available you will have to keep in mind that we will be introducing Knowledge Articles which you may find to be more appropriate for knowledge than FAQs.  No time frames yet.  We're working hard to get this to you as soon as possible. 

• Like 3