Reports - changing heading names

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Hi,

Is there a simple way of changing the column names before running the report and setting that up so that it does it by default each time?

So for example, at the moment, the report columns look like this:

Report_heading_names.jpg

Is there a way to give them our own names like the below prior to running the report so that I don't have to manually change these each time?

Proposed_report_heading_names.jpg

Thanks

Greg

Hi @gregmarcroftorc

Thanks for the post, we have recently implemented this, and it is currently in testing but we expect to be releasing this to live very shortly.  This will allow you to provide a user friendly name for the report columns and this will persist and will use these names on both the csv and html outputs for your reports. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 08.58.30.png

Once this has been released to live i will post back here, but look out for the release notes updates in the admin tool.

Thanks

Steve

• Like 1

Guest gregmarcroftorc
On 02/12/2016 at 8:59 AM, steven boardman said:

Hi @gregmarcroftorc

Thanks for the post, we have recently implemented this, and it is currently in testing but we expect to be releasing this to live very shortly.  This will allow you to provide a user friendly name for the report columns and this will persist and will use these names on both the csv and html outputs for your reports. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 08.58.30.png

Once this has been released to live i will post back here, but look out for the release notes updates in the admin tool.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks Steve, that will be useful for us.

Hi @gregmarcroftorc @nasimg

Just to let you know that the admin console has been updated and the ability to change the display name of the report columns is now live. 

This is available on reports created against entities, and measures initially, with the SQL Schemer Designer to follow. 

When creating reports based on Entities, if you select say Requests this will allow you to report on all the data held in the tables linked to the request entity including the custom fields held in the extended info table, request info, raisedby etc etc without having to use the SQL Schemer Designer to join tables. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 20.51.04.png

When SQL Schemer Designer column display names is available i'll post back here

Steve