Corporate Service Level Agreements

m.vandun

Hi,

I'm currently experimenting with the new SLA function. I'm actually not sure how to proceed any further as I'm not sure how this new functionality works. I'm unable to find these answers in the Wiki.

* How is time registered? Is this in the same way as in the other service level, via the start/stop timer in the BPM?
* Will this new way overwrite the old service level? Do I need to delete the old configured service levels to avoid any conflicting settings or can I leave these be?
* Response time when is this activated? Is this on 1st (automated) reply or is this also registering a reply on a reply?

Kind regards,

Mark

Hi @m.vandun 

In answer to your questions:

1) Yes, that's exactly right - its still controlled via the start/stop timers in BPM. As soon as you add a Corporate Service Level Agreement to a Service, the new functionality will start being used. If you have specified any specific timers within your existing BPM nodes, these will be overridden and Hornbill will now use the "SLA Rules" to select the relevant Service Level. 

2) No, in fact I would advise you to leave the old ones set up to start with. As mentioned above, until you specify an SLA against a service, the old configuration will be used. When you do, the new configuration will be used. My advice would be to create a test service, add yourself as the only subscriber and perform your testing against this service in particular to trial your new configuration. Whilst you are doing this, everyone else will still be using the "Old" config against your live services. When you are happy, simply add the Corporate SLAs against your live services and from that point, any new requests against those services should start using the new SLAs

3) The response time beginning is completely up to you, and configured using the "Start Response Time/Mark Response Time" node in BPM. Many customers have different opinions about "what is a response". Probably the most common set up I have encountered when assisting customers with Switch On is to start the response time when the request has been logged and mark it when an analyst has been assigned to the requests (as the owner). If you are basing a response on an automated email being sent, you will always get a 100% success rate....which looks great as a stat, but probably doesn't provide you with much useful information! Another configuration is to mark as responded based on the completion of a task, which can include the details of what you consider a meaningful response to the customer. 

The new SLM functionality will have its experimental flag turned off in the near future, and they will be some further documentation, nano training and videos appearing which will assist in this configuration in greater detail - so expect that shortly!

Regards

Bob