Start and Mark (end) resolve timers not working

derekgreen

Hi. I have set start and end resolution timers on our incident and service request BPM's - both were working as expected last week but suddenly they aren't. I also notice that the radio button in the Analyst display under the SL column displays 'resolution not in use' when you hover the cursor over it. I haven't changed anything in either the services or BPM settings. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Hi Derek,

When you view the details of one of the requests, is it showing the correct BPM process stages etc in the heads up display at the top of the request details view?

If not then I would just double check the following:

- Within the service view for the service being used against the request, check that you have the correct workflow selected for Incidents and Service Requests

- Within the admin tool, confirm that the workflow set against the service is active

If this all looks correct then let me know and I will see if we can find any identify any errors from log files.  

Regards,

Dave.

Hi David - thanks for the reply. The services for incidents and requests were not displayed as available but that didn't seem to affect anything a week ago. I've changed the status of both to available now. Incidents and Requests are both using the workflows we want them to.

Hi Derek,

The SLA's and timers are all determined by your chosen workflow, as it is within that workflow that you choose to start/stop those timers, however you may have a different workflow selected for Incidents/Service Requests/Problems etc which could account for the difference.

If you open the service view for the relevant service, select the "Request Config" tab you then have a tab for each request type.  On each request type you can then set the appropriate workflow that should be used.

Alternatively, if you do not wish to set this per service, you are able to a default workflow for all request types via the admin tool, if you go to Home -> Service Manager -> Application Settings and search for 

app.requests.defaultBPMProcess

you will see a setting for each request type where you can select a default workflow.

Regards,

Dave.

Hi Dave - we have set priorities one to five, with target resolution times for each. These priorities are set within the services menu on the analyst log in so I thought they would be common across the incident and service request BPM's, both of them have the auto tasks set to start and end the timer.

Thanks.

HI Derek,

even though you have defined your Priorities, Response and Resolve times with in the appropriate tab, the actual timers are started and stopped by the Business Process workflow that is associated to your request. The following wiki page https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Set_up_Service_levels specifically the section "Implementing my Service Levels" is the section that eludes to this.

Your earlier post:

On 11/11/2016 at 0:46 PM, derekgreen said:

Hi David,

Looks like the Incidents are now reflecting the resolution timers but Requests still aren't. Do requests in Hornbill receive different treatment with regard to SLA's and timer settings?

Thanks.

leads me to believe that the workflow you are using against your Service Requests does not contain nodes to start the desired response and resolve times. I would first suggest the following:

• Identify the Workflow that you are using for the Service against which the request is raised (where the SLA indicators suggest "Not in Use")
  • Go to Hornbill Administration and look at the workflow design. Identify if you have automated operations in place to start and stop the response and resolve timers.

If after looking at your workflow design you still aren't sure if they're there or not, download the workflow definition (by using the button towards the top right of the canvas) and post it to this thread. We can then take a look and see how its configured.

Thanks,

Dan