Timeline Visibility option - Email Updates Restricted

Martyn Houghton

When the Email mailbox 'Apply to Request' option is used to update a request the resultant timeline entry visibility setting can only be adjusted by the user who undertook the update. Even as a super user/system admin we are not able to alter the visibility, only the user who undertook the update.

This seems to be a bit restrictive give that the visibility of other timeline updates can be changed. Also with us operating a shift system with our 1st Tier, where an email update has had its viability incorrect set, i.e. an internal email marked as customer, we may not be able to correct this for sometime, making it visible to the customer on the portal.

Can the ability to alter the email visibility be configured as a setting or the unnecessary restrictions removed?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

Thank you for your post.

Just so that I could get a good understanding here.

I opened an existing Message from the Email menu and then selected the option to Apply to Request. Upon selecting the associated Contact to this Message from the designated pop-up and choosing the Request Reference to which you would like to apply this Message to - I can see that this action is performed successfully.

I then opened the request in question and I can see a new Timeline Update at the very top of the Timeline section. Through More Actions option, I can choose to Change Visibility and the select one of the provided options. This worked for me perfectly - I changed the Visibility from "Customer" to "Customer".

Are the options that you are presented with, different to those in my screenshot, or am I not in the right place to begin with?

Thanks,

Ehsan

Capture.JPG

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

The restriction that is applied to this post is the same as any other post. The restriction is that a post can only be edited if a post has no comments or likes and the action is performed by the owner of the post or a system administrator.

I can see that even a system administrator cannot change the Visibility of a request. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will let you know through Release Notes, when a fix is available.

Thanks,

Ehsan