Issue with Incident BPM

derekgreen

Hi. Our service desk has been working fine until this morning. There appears to be an issue when the Incident BPM tries to email a resolution notification to the customer, the HUD turns red. I have attached a couple of snips to illustrate the problem, hope someone can advise as we are rolling the service desk out to all users this Thursday!

Email.PNG

error.PNG

Hi Derek
 please can you confirm if you have clicked the "Restart Process" button (Refresh icon located to the right hand side of the BPM Progress bar). The error (element <subject> expected at....) shown in your screen shot suggests you have and it may be masking the true error message. 

Please could you refresh the request and let me know if a different error message presents itself?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Hi Derek,

Please can you confirm a couple of things for me, 

• Is the name of the email template specified in your node configuration correct? This is case sensitive and should be specified exactly as it appears in the list of email templates located in System > Email > Templates
  • Does the email template still exist?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Daniel,

Checked in System\Email\Templates - the template exists as specified in the node. Not sure if it's significant but it is highlighted in a light grey, as is the AnalystAssignmentNotification. I surmise this is because these templates are being used?

Thanks.

Thanks Derek,

when a template is grey, all it means is that it has been modified from the out-of-the-box state. It does not indicate whether it is being used in any particular BPM Workflow.

Thinking further about the error you're encountering, what i'm seeing in your logs is this: XMLMC Request Failed: FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/notifyEmailCustomer): Input parameter validation error: The element <updateTimeline> was not expected at location '/methodCall/params/updateTimeline'

Basically when a particular BPM operation takes place (in this case the sending of an email notification) the list of parameters (node config options) are checked to ensure that the BPM engine has got all the information it needs to complete the operation. What the engine is saying here is, while it was checking each option it's actually found the "updateTimeline" parameter when in fact it was expecting something else at that point, which is usually the parameter immediately above the one it didn't expect i.e. in this case it couldn't find the "Email Template" parameter.

This is why I asked you to check the email template value, and that the template actually existed, but that seems to have drawn a blank.

When was this particular Business Process Workflow last modified?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan, the last modification was made yesterday while I was trying to fix the problem prior to consulting the forum. I can't remember when I last modified it prior to that, there was no need as it had been working fine until yesterday when a colleague attempted to close a call. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Thanks.

Hi Dan - closed a service request call this morning, the resolution email sent ok and the process completed as expected. The service process is using the same template as the incident does. A new Incident has just been raised by a customer which we will be closing soon, I'll see what happens then. In the interim I have upgraded to the latest version of Service Manager.

Thanks.

Hi Dan - my colleague just closed the incident I mentioned above, the process ran to completion and the user has received the resolution email. Not sure why it wasn't working yesterday, but looking good now. Thanks for your assistance, it is much appreciated.