Allocating rights to customer portal users

Alex8000

Hi all,

I am having some problems allocating the necessary rights to the Authorized Role in the Customer portal.
The error is as follows: The authorized role 'portal chat session user' assigned has a higher privilege leven than guest.

GcoFMPf.png

I am aware of the similar thread posted  @Adam Haylock, but as this seems to  be a different problem I decided to create a new thread. Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Alex

Hi Alex

There is a problem with the initial roles delivered, if you create a copy of the selected role in the screen grab and then change its Privilege Level to Guest you can use that copy until the next release where this issue will be resolved.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 08.08.34.png

Hi Trevor

I was going to re-install Live Chat this afternoon now that I have checked the above roles.  Should I hold off until the next release as I dont want to cause any issues?

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam

The only issue here is that its not possible to assign the role to the Customer Portal account at this time without the above work around. 

As long as you have only assign the roles to the maximum number of users you have trial licences for (5) then there are no issues re installing the application.

A new update will be released on Monday with a number of fixes raised internally and on the forum so feel free to wait for that version if you want the latest fixes for testing with. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Great, thanks so I can confirm I have 5 analysts added to the Chat Session Agent and only myself added to the Chat Session Admin & Manager

I have also added 5 users to the Portal Chat Session User role

I will re-install later at 16:30

Thanks